Dear community members, developers and EGroupware users,
EGroupware GmbH is happy to announce the first 17.1 release candidate.
EGroupware Version 17.1 contains many new features and improvements. Just to name a few:
* Collabora: integration of Collabora Libre Office Online allowing to edit office document in browser
* Collabora: collaborative editing
* Collabora: free of charge trial via EGroupware GmbH Collabora server farm
* All apps: merge print now also opens merged documents in Collabora app
* All apps: new notification system showing notifications in, by default hidden, sidebar
* Mail: server-side S/Mime support (does not require browser plugins)
* Mail: SpamTitan integration: white- and black-listing of addresses, ham/spam marking of mails
* Mail: improved privacy allowing to not automatic load external images
* ProjectManager: role-based notifications
* Admin: new group-list and export of all ACL rights
* many improvements in all apps
Please note the changed minimum requirement of PHP 5.6+, recommended PHP 7.
It means you need at least a Debian 8/9, Ubuntu 16.04, RHEL/CentOS 6/7 or a current distribution of openSUSE or SLES with PHP 7.
Recommended installation packages are available in a separate server:eGroupware:trunk repository on build.opensuse.org:
EGroupware sources are managed on Github:
Above page also contains installation instructions for the installation via git with myrepos tool and archives.
As an alternative to test an on-premises installation of version 17.1, EGroupware is available as a trial in the EGroupware data center.
Please help testing the release candidate.
We´re looking forward to your feedback on our Facebook page:
Happy testing 🙂
EGroupware Forum help.egroupware.org
Ralf Becker, Geschäftsführer und Leiter Software Entwicklung