* eSync: you need to recreate exchange accounts on your devices, Z-Push SQL state backend is used now
* eSync: Z-Push 2.3 allows to sync Outlook 2013 & 2016
* Mail/Api: replace deprecated Mcrypt PHP extension with OpenSSL, use AES128 with pbkdf2 stretching of passwords
* PGP: renamed (hidden) backup-file in users home-directory to .PGP-Key-Backup * InfoLog: change description to longtext (4GB) to not overflow on long comments or PGP encrypted files
* Addressbook/Mail: fix PHP Fatal error when clicking on “add new contact” icon in mail
* Resources: fix PHP Fatal call to undefined method Api\Accounts::get_list() when editing ACL
* Mail: fix PHP Fatal error when saving Sieve scripts
* ImportExport: scheduled im/exports fail with PHP Fatal error
* Filemanager/Projectmanager: fix broken layout when showing /apps/projectmanager e.g. opening Filemanager from PM
* Setup: some authentication types e.g. Cas were not shown in setup
* API: async service failed to run on a default install (no phpgwapi)
* Admin: fix async service testjob to run on a default install (no phpgwapi)
* Mail: fix PHP Fatal when switching identities
EGroupware Version 16.1 contains many new features and improvements. Just to name a few:
* Calendar: complete rewrite of the user interface for improved functionality, drag&drop, context menu
* Mobile: new mobile phone and tablet user interface, offering a compact display for mobile phones
* Desktop: new brighter desktop template, lots of work on usability and look & feel
* Mail/InfoLog: PGP end-to-end encryption using the Mailvelope plugin (InfoLog requires EPL subscription)
* ActiveSync: update to Z-Push 2.3 fixing several Android problems
Please note the changed minimum requirement of PHP 5.4+, recommended 5.6 or 7.0. It means you need at least a Debian7, Ubuntu 14.04, RHEL 7 (6 with IUS repo) or openSUSE 13.1 or SLE 12. Recommendation is of course always to use a current distribution, e.g. Ubuntu 16.04 or RHEL/CentOS 7 with PHP 7.
Recommended installation packages are available in a separate server:eGroupware:trunk repository on build.opensuse.org:
EGroupware sources are managed on Github since a couple of weeks: github.com/EGroupware/egroupware
This page also contains installation instructions for the installation via git with myrepos tool and archives.
Alternatively to a test installation of 16.1 on an own server, EGroupware is available as a free 30-days-trial in the Stylite computing center.
We´re looking forward to your feedback!
The final release is currently planned for beginning of July 2016.
Director Software Development