Stylite AG is happy to announce the first 16.1 release candidate.
16.1 contains many new features and improvements, just to name a few:
* Calendar: complete rewrite of user interface for improved functionality, drag&drop, context menu
* Mobile: new mobile phone and tablet user interface, offering compact display for mobile phones
* Desktop: new brighter desktop template, lots of work on usability and look & feel
* Mail/InfoLog: PGP end-to-end encryption using Mailvelope plugin (InfoLog requires EPL subscription)
* ActiveSync: update to Z-Push 2.3 fixing several Android problems
Please note, the changed minimum requirement of PHP 5.4+, recommended 5.6 or 7.0. It means you need at least a Debian7, Ubuntu 14.04, RHEL 7 (6 with IUS repo) or openSUSE 13.1 or SLE 12. Recommendation is of course always to use a current distribution, e.g. Ubuntu 16.04 or RHEL/CentOS 7 with PHP 7.
Recommended installation packages are available in a separate server:eGroupware:trunk repository on build.opensuse.org:
EGroupware sources are managed on Github since a couple of weeks:
Above page also contains installation instructions for installation via git with myrepos tool and archives.
Alternatively to a test installation of 16.1 on an own server, EGroupware will be available from Wednesday on as a trial service of the Stylite computing center.
Please help testing the release candidate. We´re looking forward to your feedback on our Facebook page:
Final release is currently planned for beginning of July 2016.
Director Software Development
Isaac-Fulda-Allee 9, D-55124 Mainz
Tel. +49 6131 32702-0
Managing Directors: Andre Keller | Ralf Becker | Gudrun Mueller
Chairman of the supervisory board: Prof. Dr. Birger Leon Kropshofer